What to expect when you get back to campus for Phase 2
Welcome back to the lab! We are happy that you may begin ramping up your experiments.
A few notes:
- Please adhere to your designated shift. Plan your experiments well at home to make the most of your time on campus! Please start to wind down your experiments 1 hour prior to the end of your shift to avoid overlap with the next shift. Working in HCCM or another bench/Core Facility outside of someone's designated shift is not permissible. An individual's shift refers to the times they can be on campus, not just at their bench.
Cleaning performed by HMS Facilities (updated): Restrooms in corridors and common spaces will be routinely cleaned twice per six-hour use from 8 a.m. through 9 p.m. and again overnight. High-touch surfaces within restrooms will be disinfected once every two hours from 8 a.m. through 9 p.m. Additionally, restrooms that reside inside the contiguous portion of the lab are currently being reviewed for cleaning options and details will be available soon. Stairwells will be cleaned once overnight, between 10:30 p.m. and 6 a.m. Railings and door handles will be disinfected once every four hours. Kitchens and kitchenettes will be cleaned twice every eight hours between 6 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. Cleaning supply kits will be available in the kitchens for users. High-touch surfaces in corridors (e.g., ice machine handles, door handles and water bottle stations) will be cleaned twice per eight hours between 6 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. Please help custodial staff by doing everything you can to keep common areas clear of trash or excessively dirty. They are working around the clock between the researcher’s schedules to keep the building clean.
- Make sure you have found your lab's break room and bathroom assignments. Some break rooms will require signing up in advance.
- Be sure to adhere to weekly COVID-testing detailed here!
Here is what to expect when you arrive to campus:
1. Please be sure that you have taken the online COVID-19 safety training. You will not be able to enter the building without taking this training.
2. HMS has created this Lab Reopening Information page. Please read through this information carefully!
3. The entrance will be at the link (in front of "Rosa’s" desk). Personnel will need to use the following website to attest daily that you are healthy work:
b. You will need to show your attestation to the security guard each time you come in to the building. We advise you to perform this attestation at home before you arrive to campus so as to not slow down the queue.
c. Paper attestations are available for visitors and HMS staff who are non cell phone holders.
4. Even if you have been coming in during the shutdown because of your essential personnel status, you are still required to complete the COVID-19 safety training and CrimsonClear Attestation.
5. You will be given a surgical mask to wear upon security clearance. Please do not remove the mask you wore to commute in to work at the front desk. Please replace your mask with the HMS-provided mask in your lab space.