Updated February 2021
Welcome back to the lab! We are happy that we have the greenlight to ramp up your research, but please know this will not be business as usual! Times are different and we hope you will be patient as we all embark on doing science very differently than before! Guidance from the University and the Medical School will dictate how we ramp up the Department, and so we will do our best to keep you informed and up to date on any new developments.
Some basic information:
- Harvard has transitioned to unobserved self-administered testing (scroll down to "testing")for eligible employees. If you are eligible for Harvard testing, you will have received an email directly from Harvard. More information can be found here.
- Update from HCCM: Access to online room booking system is now ready! Also, an information guide for using the online system.
- A COVID Advisory Team has been established to assist with ongoing operational and safety issues during Phase 2 and can be contacted with any safety concerns that your COVID-19 Safety Officer cannot address.
- HMS Central Guidance webpage and FAQs, including information on parking, MASCO, testing, etc...
- COVID-19 Safety Officers list of responsibilities can be found here. All Phase 2 personnel will have a chance to speak to their lab's safety officer, PI, and/or Department administrative staff about concerns. There is also a Harvard Anonymous Reporting Hotline available.
Here is what to expect when you arrive to campus:
1. Please be sure that you have taken the online COVID-19 safety training. You will not be able to enter the building without taking this training.
2. HMS has created this Lab Reopening Information page. Please read through this information carefully!
3. The entrance will be at the link (in front of "Rosa’s" desk). Personnel will need to use the following website to attest daily that you are healthy work:
a. You will need to perform a daily health attestation via Crimsonclear.harvard.edu if you are approved to come in to work.
b. You will need to show your attestation to the security guard each time you come in to the building. We advise you to perform this attestation at home before you arrive to campus so as to not slow down the queue.
c. Paper attestations are available for visitors and HMS staff who are non cell phone holders. If you choose to use the CrimsonClear attestation at home, be sure to bring your printed attestation to show security.
4. Even if you have been coming in during the shutdown because of your essential personnel status, you are still required to complete the COVID-19 safety training and CrimsonClear Attestation.
5. You will be given a surgical mask to wear upon security clearance. Please do not remove the mask you wore to commute in to work at the front desk. Please replace your mask with the HMS-provided mask in your lab space.