What to expect when you get back to campus for Phase 1
Welcome back to the lab!
A few notes:
- Please remember: Phase 1 is not a chance to start experiments! It is meant to prepare the lab for Phase 2 re-entry (move equipment, supplies to enable social distancing). Use the "Sample Checklist" as a guide for what to do during Phase 1, and be sure to talk to your PI about what needs to happen.
- Be sure to go through your Phase 1 lab plans with your PI and plan your Phase 1 activities well at home.
- Please work diligently to avoid staying on campus beyond the 10:30pm cutoff. Custodial staff are coming in specifically in the middle of the night, between 10:30pm-6am, to keep the building clean and safe and not overlap with research staff. Out of respect for their time and schedule, they need the building completely empty to do their work. They cannot perform their tasks if people on site. Also, please help custodial staff by doing everything you can to keep common areas clear of trash or excessively dirty. They are working around the clock between the researcher’s schedules to keep the building clean.
- Make sure you have found your lab's break room and bathroom assignments. Some break rooms will require signing up in advance.
Here is what to expect when you arrive to campus:
1. Please be sure that you have taken the online COVID-19 safety training. You will not be able to enter the building without taking this training.
2. HMS has created this Lab Reopening Information page. Please read through this information carefully!
3. The entrance will be at the link (in front of "Rosa’s" desk). Personnel will need to use the following website to attest daily that you are healthy work:
a. Crimsonclear.harvard.edu (Harvard has warned us that the site may 'crash' so we recommend attesting first thing in the morning at home).
b. You will need to show your attestation to the security guard each time you come in to the building. We advise you to perform this attestation at home before you arrive to campus so as to not slow down the queue.
c. Paper attestations are available for visitors and HMS staff who are non cell phone holders.
4. Even if you have been coming in during the shutdown because of your essential personnel status, you are still required to complete the COVID-19 safety training and CrimsonClear Attestation.
5. You will be given a surgical mask to wear upon security clearance. Please do not remove the mask you wore to commute in to work at the front desk. Please replace your mask with the HMS-provided mask in your lab space.